Our mission is that all members of our community are inspired to learn and supported to succeed. We look to the future and are committed to enabling positive academic, social and emotional outcomes for our young people.
Our vision is to achieve this is by building on our five core principles:
Pupil Progress – our ambition is that all pupils will make excellent progress year on year with increasing numbers exceeding their targets.
Teaching and Learning – progress will be made by continuously developing our staff who will inspire learning for all pupils.
Leadership – all leaders in the school and governors working together to ensure the continued improvement of our school.
Wellbeing – is at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make. We will not compromise on the support we offer to our pupils and staff and this will encourage their success here at Hardenhuish and in their futures.
Sustainability – is fundamental to our success and in challenging times, we will strive to ensure that we continue to provide the highest standards of education and resources to our young people.
This future vision forms the structure of our school development plan which is the framework we use to drive the school forward underpinned by our values, culture and ethos:
- To ensure the highest expectations in all we do, with young people firmly in the centre.
- To be committed to the principles of equality and diversity and to promote these within our community.
- To ensure that teaching and learning is consistently outstanding and inspiring, ensuring that pupils make exceptional progress across a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To be committed to the progress and well-being of pupils and students being safeguarded, monitored and supported to ensure success.
- To ensure that all staff who are expected to adhere to the highest standards of professional behavior have access to high quality professional development and their well-being is prioritised.
- To ensure exceptional leadership at all levels is encouraged, nurtured and demonstrated. We seek to uphold the values and virtues of ethical education and try to use the Framework for Ethical Leadership in Education in everything we do.
- To nurture and challenge our pupils and students to become principled global citizens, committed to making a positive contribution to their community, including the areas of equality, diversity and environmental sustainability
- To ensure that all Hardenhuish pupils and students to become independent life-long learners, empowered with the knowledge and skills to thrive in a changing world
- To ensure that Hardenhuish is managed sustainably, to ensure success for the future.